What is E-Rupi?
On 2 August 2021, the Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi goes to launch a digital payment platform called e-RUPI Digital Platform. This platform may be a cashless and contactless instrument which will be used for creating digital payments. it’s a QR code or SMS string-based e-voucher which can be delivered to the mobile of the users. The users are going to be ready to redeem this voucher with none digital payment app, internet banking, or card.
In Short, e-RUPI is a Cashless and Contactless digital Medium of Payments, Which will be Delivered to Mobile phones in a form of SMS-string or a QR-Code.
How will e-RUPI Work?
Beneficiary person will Directly receive the vouchers on their mobile sent by the government, instead of receiving cash in bank accounts. And will be redeemable at specific accepting centers.
eRUPI voucher will help everyone in targeted, transparent and leakage-free delivery: PM
— PIB India (@PIB_India) August 2, 2021
How will these vouchers be Issued?
The system has been built by NPCI on its UPI Platform, and has onboard Banks that will be issuing Entities.
|Under||Reserve Bank of India|
|Introduced by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Know about||How to use Digital e-Rupee?|
|Check||What is Digital e-Rupi?|
|Launch Date||02 August 2021, 04:30 PM|
|Under||Central Government of India|
who support this New Payment Mode?
Currently there are a Total of 11 Public and private sector banks that will support this new Payment Mode.
Digital technology is transforming lives in a major way and is furthering ‘Ease of Living.’ At 4:30 PM tomorrow, 2nd August, will launch e-RUPI, a futuristic digital payment solution which offers several benefits for its users. https://t.co/UpLgtBl1K3
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 1, 2021
Some of the benefits of e-RUPI are:
Cashless and contactless digital payment.
Connects service sponsors and beneficiaries digitally.
Ensures leak-proof delivery of various welfare services.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 1, 2021
Banks live with e-RUPI
|Sr. No.||Bank Name||Issuer||Acquirer||Acquiring App / Entity|
|1||Axis Bank||✔||✔||Bharat Pe|
|2||Bank of Baroda||✔||✔||BHIM Baroda Merchant Pay|
|4||HDFC Bank||✔||✔||HDFC Business App|
|5||ICICI Bank||✔||✔||Bharat Pe & PineLabs|
|9||Punjab National Bank||✔||✔||PNB Merchant Pay|
|10||State Bank of India||✔||✔||YONO SBI Merchant|
|11||Union Bank of India||✔||NA|
Benefits for Corporates
- Corporates can enable well-being of their employees
- End to finish digital transaction and doesn’t require any physical issuance hence resulting in cost reduction
- Voucher redemption are often tracked by the issuer
- Quick, safe & contactless voucher distribution
Benefits for Hospitals
- Easy & Secure – Voucher is permitted via a verification code
- Hassle free & Contactless payment collection – Handling of money or cards isn’t required
- Quick redemption process – The voucher are often redeemed during a few steps and lesser decline thanks to pre-blocked amount
Benefits to the buyer
- Contactless – Beneficiary shouldn’t carry a print out of the voucher
- Easy redemption – 2 step redemption process
- Safe and Secure – Beneficiary doesn’t got to share personal details while redemption hence privacy is maintained
- No digital or bank presence required – Consumer redeeming the voucher needn’t have a digital payment app or a checking account
View List Of Live Hospitals On e-RUPI
- First of all attend the official website of national payment Corporation of India
- The home page will open before you
- On the homepage click on what we do Option
- Now you’ve got to click on UPI
- After that you’ve got to click on e-RUPI live partners
- After that you’ve got to click on Live Hospitals on e-RUPI
- A PDF file will appear before you
- In this PDF file you’ll view list of live hospitals on e-RUPI.
Download e-RUPI Digital Payment Mobile App
- First of all open Google play store or Apple App Store in your mobile
- Now within the search box you’ve got to enter e-RUPI Digital payment
- After that you’ve got to click on search
- A list of apps will display before you
- You have to click on the primary option
- After that you’ve got to click on install
- e-RUPI digital payment mobile app will download in your device
Procedure To Redeem e-RUPI Voucher
- The beneficiary need to show the e-RUPI QR code or SMS at the service provider outlet
- The salesperson require to scan this QR code or SMS
- Now an OTP are going to be received by the beneficiary
- The beneficiary need to to share this OTP with the service provider
- Service provider need to enter this OTP into the OTP box
- Now service provider need to click on proceed
- Payment are going to be made to the service provider
Download e-RUPI App Here- Download
Download e-RUPI Vouchers- Download
Read More at- e-RUPI NPCI