MoRTH launches Aadhaar-based contactless service: No Need to Visit RTO Office For DL Renewal or Other Services.
In case your licence has expired, and your renewal date is approaching, you do not got to visit the RTO office anymore.
The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) on Thursday provided online facilities for 18 services, including driver’s license renewal, learner’s licence, and duplicate licence.
The ministry on March 4 launched the Aadhaar-based authentication contactless service under which the citizens would not got to visit the RTO office for the renewal of driver’s license , duplicate license, registration application etc.
Merely, the utilization of Aadhar as an identification document would simplify the delivery process.
The development has come after the transport ministry issued a draft notification for linking driver’s license with Aadhaar card.
In a politician notification, the MoRTH stated, “In order to supply convenient and hassle-free services to the citizen, the Ministry shall make all the specified arrangements for wide publicity through media and individual notices to form citizens conscious of the wants of Aadhaar for availing contactless services through implementing agencies”.
The 18 licence-related services that a citizen is required to undergo Aadhaar authentication are:
1. Learner’s licence
2. Renewal of driver’s license that test of competence to drive isn’t required
3. Duplicate driver’s license
4. Change of address in driver’s license and certificate of registration
5. Issue of international driving permit
6. Surrender of sophistication of auto from licence
7. Application for temporary registration of automobile
8. Application for registration of automobile with fully built body.
9. Application for issue of duplicate certificate of registration
10. Application for grant of NOC for certificate of registration
11. Notice of transfer of ownership of automobile
12. Application for transfer of ownership of automobile
13. Intimation of change of address in certificate of registration
14. Application for registration for driver training from accredited driver training centre
15. Application for registration of automobile of diplomatic officer
16. Application for assignment of fresh registration mark of automobile of diplomatic officer
17. Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
18. Termination of hire-purchase agreement
If You Like the Post , Then Share this to Everyone.